June 2- Last Day Goodies
Well I'm sitting here now on the terrace overlooking the malecon and a bunch of night clubs and restaurants and there's music coming from the housing development above on the mountain, below coming from some club, and directly above coming from one of my neighbors in this building. It's traditional, it's Disco, it's Ecuadorian pop, it's more traditional. not a word of it is in English so I don't mind any of it.
Well I'm closing in on the end of my trip - my Great adventure in the Andes and on the Galapagos'.
Today, we took a boat through a massive River about an hour and a half away, and saw birds that look like flamingos, flying into trees. Across the river, our boat driver paused for a minute and turn the motor down low, almost off. Out of nowhere, four huge porpoises started displaying tricks and swimming around and up to our boat. One of them, I'll bet the stinker of the group, did a complete breach up in the air, not touching the water at all. We delighted in their playful nature and presence for about 10 minutes, and then the boat driver turn the motor on slowly and we crept away, back to the port. It's not often that I'm speechless, but I was so enthralled by this show that I wasn't even able to take one picture of the dolphin breaking the surface. The video shows the porpoise rolling in the mud by the bank of the river and splashing all over the place.
Well, forget that; the video is too big of a file for me to load onto here.
Additionally, I took this tram over the river for about a half hour and got some great shots. In case you're wondering we're still within two hours of Guayaquil.
Back up.....We happened, luckily, to come across these kids playing on the bank of the river at the port.
Here's another video of the Dolphins frolicking playfully around our boat.
Here's some of the moments I captured on the tram overlooking the city of Guayaquil.
And a couple more from our day..
If I've repeated any pictures, please forgive me; I am extremely tired from the last 3 weeks. LOL
Tomorrow I get an airplane at 6:17 a.m. and get off another one at 6:48 p.m. at which point I think I may just collapse. What a ball!































Comments
Post a Comment